Cupping is one of Chinese medicines oldest treatment techniques but is as beneficial now as it was thousands of years ago. In cupping a flame draws the air out of a cup (glass jar) which is placed on certain acupuncture points on the body. The suction draws blood to the area, stimulating circulation and, as with other Chinese medicine techniques, helps to unblock trapped and stagnant energy.
Cupping has become well known in recent years due to its exposure at Olympic events when athletes such as Michael Phelps were seen with the tell tale temporary circular marks that are visible on the skin following treatment.
What Can be treated with Cupping?
Cupping helps to release stagnation in the body by improving blood circulation which in turn leads to many health benefits. Here are 6 reasons why you might want to give it a go....
1. Healing swollen, painful or stiff joints. Cupping particularly effective at improving blood circulation, performing deep tissue repair and treating areas of the body that have been affected by pain.
2. Cupping is known to improve colds and flu and speed up the process of healing. It can stimulate the lungs to remove excess phlegm and by doing so help reduce coughing.
3. It helps to improve the immune system by moving blood and lymphatic fluid throughout the body.
4. It promotes relaxation. Cupping can have similar effects on the body as a deep tissue massage as it relaxes tension in muscles and is a great stress reliever.
5. Cupping is great for detoxification. Poor circulation can result in a build up of toxins in body tissue and can be the root cause of many health complaints.
6. It is excellent for the skin carrying away toxins and bringing nutrients to the skin. It is often used to treat skin complaints such as acne as it helps to cleanse the entire system. A treatment can often leave you looking fresh and glowing with vitality.
Well worth a try! For more information about cupping visit here