What Is Sinusitis?
Chronic sinusitis occurs when the spaces inside your nose and head (sinuses) are swollen and inflamed for
three months or longer, despite treatment.
What Causes Sinusitis?
-Deviated nasal septum
-Other medical conditions.
-Respiratory tract infections
-Allergies such as hay fever
What Are the Symptoms of Sinusitis?
• Nasal inflammation
• Thick, discolored discharge from the nose
• Drainage down the back of the throat (postnasal drainage)
• Nasal obstruction or congestion, causing difficulty breathing through your nose
• Pain, tenderness and swelling around your eyes, cheeks, nose or forehead
• Reduced sense of smell and taste